It has been a while since I’ve blogged – we’ve been super busy. Between my grandpa’s funeral and getting ready for our trip, it seems like there’s never a moment to just sit and “do nothing.”
Because Matthew will wake up in a matter of minutes, I’m sure, I’m going to do a big bullet list update. I apologize in advance for this 😉
- B was out-of-town all last week until last Friday, and goodness was his return wonderful! Matthew missed him like crazy but also wasn’t surprised to see him Friday afternoon when B went in to get him from his nap (he came home while Matthew slept). This made me feel WONDERFUL knowing that Matthew was secure the whole time, knowing that “Daddy will be back soon.”
- We spent the weekend running errands for the trip, and also found some time to meet B’s mom for lunch on Saturday. It was nice to see her – Matthew puts on quite the show for B’s parents because they truly focus on HIM the entire time we’re with them. It’s fun to watch! It is not like this with my parents, which is sad.
- We went home Sunday for my grandpa’s funeral and the visitation and funeral were very nice. There is a whole post to write about this, as my parents are just so strange and handled things with little to no communication, leaving all of the grandchildren confused about goings-on for the weekend. There were some very disappointing moments, but all-in-all, it was wonderful to see the family come together to send Grandpa off. He looked terrific, and it felt good knowing that he’s with my grandma in heaven right now!
- Lily (the cat) seems to be doing just great – as if there’s nothing wrong with her at all. I forget that she’s a possibly very sick kitty. I’m having a hard time believing it. 😉 She’s snuggled up to me right now and loves spending time with all of us, including Matthew. I am not worried about her dying while we’re gone. Not at all.
- We go on our trip TOMORROW! I have never been so prepared for a trip in my life! Matthew has been packed for over a week and I’ve been packed for days. Everything is ready to go – we just need to get there!
- I think we have a name for BB2. YAY! On the drive home on Sunday, I asked B if he could commit to a name that he really seems to like. He agreed as long as we can change our minds if something else jumps out at us (it won’t – I don’t believe it’s possible). BB2 will be “Bryson Lawrence” or “Bryson Theodore” unless something else grabs our attention. “Lawrence” is my dad’s name, and his mother’s maiden name. “Theodore” is my paternal grandfather’s middle name and goes back a long way in the family. Tough decision. I wanted to name BB2 “Theo Lawrence” but B said no 🙂
- BB2/Wilson/Bryson is very active – way more active than Matthew was. He’s beating me up on a regular basis. He is all over the place and likes to make his presence known and remembered!
- B scheduled a “man trip” to Kentucky with his best friend (men don’t call them best friends, but I do!) the weekend after we get back. I am really excited about this! He needs a road trip desperately – and he needs to just go with no commitments and reservations to be held to. I expect him to come home VERY happy!
- I MUST get started on figuring out the “room situation” for the boys the week after we get back. Move Matthew into a new room, or put BB2 in the new room? I prefer to move Matthew into a new, awesome room! Lots to do… lots to do…
- A HUGE thank you to all of you who have left such nice, supportive comments on both my Lily and Grandpa posts! This community is so wonderful, so caring, so important. I appreciate every word I read from all of you. Thank you!
And in the spirit of quick lists and updates, here are some photos of the most recent happenings in our house.