It’s high time I start a page to document the progression of this pregnancy! I hesitated doing this early on because I wasn’t sure if this pregnancy would stick around or not, but it looks like it’s going the distance so it’s time to give it its own space!
- Everything prior to 10/12/2012 – Please see my IVF History Page
- 10/12/2012 – Transfer day! Transferred 2 blasts (1 day-5 graded 4AB, and 1 day-6 graded 4BA – both from Matthew’s cycle) which thawed perfectly
- 10/15/2012 – Light spotting today (3dp5dt)
- 10/16/2012 (PM) – Visible BFP at 4dp5dt and B saw it too
- 10/23/2012 – Beta #1 (11dp5dt) – 315!!
- 10/25/2012 – Beta #2 (13dp5dt) – 732!! Doubling time of 39.46 hours!
- 11/08/2012 – Ultrasound #1 – One baby with a heartbeat of 126 bpm and CRL of 8.5 mm and measuring 6w6d!!! Officially 6w4d pregnant!
- 11/19/2012 – Ultrasound #2 – Baby’s heartbeat is 164 bpm and CRL is 1.95cm and measuring 8w4dd!!! Officially 8w1d pregnant! Released to OB.
- 12/03/2012 – First OB appointment – back to Dr. H! YAY! Measuring 10w6d but we’re sticking with the original due date (the RE listed it as 06/29 even though we transferred on 10/12 like Matthew). Things looked great and heartbeat was 165 bpm and CRL is 3.91 cm
- 12/17/2012 – NT scan which was fun but not fruitful (uncooperative baby!). Rescheduling for 12/19/2012 (12w2d)
- 12/17/2012 – LAST PIO SHOT!
- 12/19/2012 – NT scan again… come on baby, cooperate! (12w4d)
- 12/27/2012 – Doctor H’s office called to say that our first trimester screening went well and there’s nothing to worry about (1:2,500 Tri21, 1:10,000 Tri18)
- 01/03/2013 – Felt baby move for first time – just a quick nudge but unmistakeable (14w5d)
- 01/04/2013 – Second visit to Dr. H for monthly check. Heart beat “in the 150’s” and my blood pressure was 132/74. (14w6d)
- 01/22/2013 – Elective gender reveal ultrasound! BOY! Everything looks great, aside from the hugeness of this baby (just like Matthew). Measuring 8 days ahead with a strong heart beat of 154/155. (17w3d)
- 01/29/2013 – Third visit to Dr. H for monthly check. Heart beat “in the 140’s” and I was told not to worry ;). Blood pressure was 118/70. (18w3d)
- 02/04/2013 – Doctor H’s office called on second trimester screening and nothing to be worried about (1:1,200 Tri21, 1:10,000 Tri18, 1:6,000 neural tube)
- 02/13/2013 – Fourth visit to Dr. H for monthly check and anatomy scan (see more about that here). Blood pressure was 118/70 and baby’s heart beat was 136. Wilson weighed in at 1 pound during the scan. (20w4d)
- 02/22/2013 – Visit to Dr. W for our special ultrasound for Wilson. Everything checked out NORMAL and Wilson’s heart beat was 146 beats per minute, and Wilson was estimated to weigh about 1 pound 4 ounces (21w6d)
- 02/25/2013 – B got to feel, and SEE, Wilson moving tonight! What fun! (22w2d)
- 03/11/2013 – Wilson made the most profound movement, one I never felt with Matthew. He totally flipped tonight and rocked my entire lower half – and then kept on shaking things up well into the night. So weird. (24w2d)
- 03/13/2013 – Fifth visit to Dr. H for monthly check. Heart beat was 150 bpm and blood pressure was 102/60 (which is low for me). AND… I PASSED the glucose screening test (scored 88 and goal is to be at or under 140). Hooray! (24w4d)
- 04/10/2013 – Sixth visit to OB, saw different doc since I couldn’t make my appointment Monday with Dr. H for my monthly check. Heart beat was 135-140 and blood pressure was 128/62. Dr. K said I was measuring a little on the small side, but has no concerns. So I guess everyone who tells me I’m smaller than I should be is right. (28w4d)
- 04/22/2013 – Seventh visit to OB and saw Dr. H again. It was nice to be back with him, just because he’s so darned likeable! Bryson’s heart beat was in the 150’s, and my blood pressure was super low again (low in a good way). My thyroid tested out just great (and normal) so that made us all very happy!
- 05/06/2013 – Eight visit to OB and saw Dr. H again. I forgot to ask the heart beat, but it was fun because Matthew was there to hear it (who was entirely unimpressed!). My blood pressure was 126/74 which is not the best for me, but still within normal range. Dr. H noted that this pregnancy is flying by and that he can’t say that for all of his patients. He and I talked a bit and discussed our little attempted break-in situation from the weekend, and he gave me good advice on security. HA!
- 05/09/2013 – We had our “fun ultrasound” today! I need to post the photos and will do shortly. Bryson’s heart beat was in the 140’s and he was sound asleep – and did not cooperate. He had one side of his face up against my placenta the entire time, so we only could see half of his face and even that was hard. He is HUGE and measuring bigger than his brother. His head is measuring 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule and so is his femur – and she told me that I’m lucky they’re doing a c-section because this would be a very hard birth if natural. She had to measure his head a couple times because she couldn’t believe it. Her estimated weight for him at birth (39w3d) is 8 lbs 12-15 oz. Holy smokes! Matthew was 8 lbs 9 oz at 39w1d.
- 05/21/2013 – Ninth visit to OB and saw Dr. H again. Bryson’s heart beat was “in the 150’s” and I forgot to ask about my blood pressure. My iron was a little low so I need to take iron supplements twice daily. Matthew was at the appointment with me and he was silenced when the doppler picked up the loud heart beat. It was cute! It was that last time I’ll see Nurse A and we both almost cried about that. She’s getting married and moving out of state right before I deliver.
- 05/22/2013 – Went on the hospital tour at the new hospital. Ran into the nurse who helped us deliver Matthew (Nurse Laurel) and she remembered us! So much fun!
- 06/03/2013 – I saw a nurse practitioner today instead of Dr. H, who was out of the office. It was uneventful and my blood pressure was 100/66 and Bryson’s heart beat was 150. I was told to take lots of fiber therapy for my constipation… so that’s started!
- 06/11/2013 – Eleventh visit to OB and saw Dr. O, who will be delivering Bryson. Bryson’s heart beat was 140, which is “perfect,” according to Dr. O. Bryson has dropped and my belly measurement is 2 cm shorter this week than last week (I think he said it was 34 cm). I was told to enjoy desserts since I now have 2 more cm for it. HA! I was asked why I’m 3 pounds less than last week (I think the exact question was, “are you eating?” which caused B to look at me suspiciously) and I noted the wonder that is fiber therapy. I am feeling much better after starting that daily. My heartburn is also causing me to eat much less each day – I just can’t force the food in. My blood pressure was 126/74, I think? We really liked Dr. O and if we can’t have Dr. H deliver, then Dr. O is the next best thing!
- 06/19/2013 – Twelfth visit to OB and saw Dr. H. Bryson’s heart beats was in the 140’s, as usual. My blood pressure was 108/68 – so right on target. We’re ready to go next week!
My Changing Silhouette:
For reference, this was me the day we delivered Matthew. He NEVER dropped. He (his head) was in my ribs the entire time. My belly button never popped out, he was so high. Ugh.