One night left. I have one night left of having a baby who is under 1 year old. I cannot believe it.
But there were no tears tonight over it. No. I’m done with the tears because the truth is, Matthew does just keep getting more and more fun every day. People tell you that this happens, but you don’t believe it because this time,right now, is the “funnest” he’s ever been and how can he be even “funner?” But he does get “funner,” each and every day.
- Three months ago, Matthew wasn’t doing, “so big.” He is now – and it provides endless cuteness to our days.
- Two months ago, Matthew wasn’t clapping. He is now – and it cracks me up every.single.time.
- A month ago, Matthew wasn’t walking. He is now – and I can hardly keep up!
- Four weeks ago, Matthew wasn’t jumping off the edge of the pool into my arms. He is now – and it makes him (and me) so happy!
- Three weeks ago, Matthew wasn’t sure if I was Mama and if B was Dada. He is now – and it makes us both smile endlessly.
- Two weeks ago, Matthew wasn’t giving away kisses to everyone he met. He is now – and everyone loves it!
- A week ago, Matthew wasn’t blowing kisses. He is now – and it melts my heart.
- Yesterday, Matthew wasn’t bringing his empty cup to us to fill up with water when he was thirsty. He is now – and I am so proud of my big boy!
- Today, Matthew wasn’t…. oh, I wonder what this one will be 🙂
I finally understand what everyone is talking about. I will miss my baby, but I know that I’ll have a terrific, even “funner” time with my new toddler!
B just went down to try to fix our hot tub (we can’t seem to get it warmer than 97 degrees) and he made the point that it’s nice outside and a 96 degree hot tub isn’t a bad thing on a hot night – that 101 could be too hot. So he asked me to join him and I’m going to – because these are the moments that make life wonderful! (I haven’t been in it since before we were pregnant and I really miss our hot tub chats.)