The main things going on right now in my life are sleep training Matthew, and transitioning to a paleo/primal lifestyle. I have updates on both (this is rather boring stuff, so feel free to click away if you want!).
- I reviewed Matthew’s sleep charts and saw two glaring things – I was not enforcing a solid nap schedule and we were bringing him into bed with us for HOURS every morning when he got up
- Matthew was only napping in my arms, nursing – every single time. I was going insane. I was spending 3 hours a day in a glider
- I was staying way too long in his room, rubbing his back, after putting him down for the night
- Since forcing a nap schedule and not bringing him in to sleep with us, everything turned around
- Matthew slept 10.25 hours straight through the night last night!
- Matthew has taken 2 naps each of the last two days IN HIS CRIB. Yes, i still nurse him to sleep but he’s aware when I’m putting him in his crib
- I get the heck out of his space right after putting him in his crib, and all is better
- Everyone is happier today than we’ve been in weeks!
- It only (HA!) took 2 full weeks of Ferberizing (so much for all the, “it only takes a few nights” comments I got from everyone I know!)
- So far, so good
- Still need to cut out the dairy
- Slipped up today and had a small piece of garlic toast that came with my 100% primal salad. I’m not beating myself up. It was damned good!
- I’ve had no more soda since my slip-up earlier this week that I confessed to everyone
- This is much easier than I thought it would be!
- As of this morning, I was down 4.4 pounds. Hard to believe! I don’t expect this to continue
Other Random Updates
- Matthew is standing up at his activity table now so I had to take the little spinning seat off. I am sad about this 😦
- Matthew has found his voice and it is rather loud. I love listening to him talk and babble because I know that his speech is deliberate and he is saying something very specific that I just don’t understand 😉
- I have spent lots of time wondering why so many people against CIO feel obligated and justified expressing their disapproval of the practice on all children, not just their own
- My wonderful husband got my mobile phone replaced for free, and he set it all up for me. I really appreciate this. I hope I’m kinder to the new phone than I was to the old one
- Matthew is now trying to climb out of his tub (and is quite good at it). This means that he will get to bathe in the big boy tub and will probably be showering with me more often now
- Despite Matthew sleeping better, I am not. I still wake up quite a bit wondering if he’ll be waking up
- I stepped totally out of my comfort zone and walked down to a neighbor’s house, knocked on her door, and introduced Matthew and myself to her and her twins. She is a SAHM mom too and we met her DH the other night who told us she’s lonely. Well, so am I – so I told him I’d stop down to say hello this week so we did it today! It was easy!
- I had lunch with an old coworker today. I thought to myself several times that no matter how boring some of my days are, I have no desire to be working where I used to work. This is the job for me!