Here I go again… planning not one, but TWO birthday parties for the month of June! It’s a lot to keep straight… so here it all is in one place!
Bryson’s First Birthday Theme: Adventure! This is going to be a vintage/retro theme with an old 1940’s prop plane as the main image
Bryson’s First Birthday Task and To-Do List:
1. Cupcake toppers –
buy on Etsy from TiTisTuTus
I changed my ideas on this! I found this cute little plane to use for my cake topper and then thought, ‘hey, make some cupcake toppers out of those cute things!’ So, that’s what I’m doing! Ordering from Etsy. – In Progress – planes are ordered.
2. Design cake – In Progress – it will be similar to this but with a wooden plane on top so that he can play with it later. The plane will be placed on top of fondant clouds. A cake bunting/banner will go over the whole thing.
3. Setup guest list – DONE
4. Make cake banner – In progress and will be similar to this but just his name:
5. Order balloons
6. Order chalkboard sign from Etsy – DONE
7. Order birthday shirt from Etsy – DONE
8. Order birthday hat from Etsy – DONE
9. Birthday banner from Etsy – In Progress
10. Order cupcakes and cakes – In Progress (
cake baker contacted, cupcakes will be simple to order) – Cake baker is tied up – I’m making cake now!
11. Get photo taken for invitation – DONE
12. Order invitations from Etsy – DONE
13. Send invitations
14. Buy plates, utensils, table cloths, etc.
15. Order Bryson’s presents!
16. Make decorative pom poms
17. Order favors from Etsy – In Progress
18. Order 3-D plane from Etsy – DONE
19. Paint and construct plane to pull birthday banner
20. Buy groceries (beverages)
21. Clean house and get everything in place!
22. Print poster
23. Frame poster
24. Make cake
25 – Order plane for top of cake – DONE
Matthew’s Third Birthday Theme: Curious George
Matthew’s Third Birthday Task and To-Do List:
1. Cupcake toppers – buy on Etsy – DONE
2. Book venue – DONE (The Little Gym)
3. Setup guest list – DONE
4. Order balloons
5. Order candle holder on Etsy – DONE
6. Order birthday shirt from Etsy – DONE
7. Order banner from Etsy – DONE
8. Order cupcakes and cakes – In Progress
(cake baker contacted, cupcakes will be easy) – Cake baker is busy so I’ll be making the cake! I’ve decided on this design:
9. Order invitations from Etsy – DONE
10. Print and Send invitations – In progress – Invitations are ordered from MPIX
11. Buy plates, utensils, table cloths, etc. – DONE
12. Order Matthew’s presents!
13. Order favors from Etsy – In Progress
14. Buy groceries (beverages)
15. Order shirt for professional birthday photos (scheduled!) from Etsy – DONE
16. Order chalkboard art from Etsy – DONE
17. Buy poster frame
18. Print poster
19. Frame poster
20. Design cake – In Progress